Rob Leathern Decemberpaulreuters Visit –
Rob Leathern, Founder and CEO of RobLeathern, gave a presentation on December 5th, 2015 at Paul Reuter’s headquarters in Berlin about the state of the global leather industry and how to help. RobLeathern is a software company that helps leather producers manage their operations more efficiently and effectively. In this blog post, we will summarize the main points from Rob Leathern’s presentation and give our take on what he had to say.
December 16, 2017
On December 16, 2017, Rob Leathern, Reuters’ General Counsel and Head of Rule of Law, visited the Paul Reuter School at UC Berkeley. Mr. Leathern delivered a public talk entitled “Policing the Internet: Strengthening the Rule of Law in an Era of Rapid Change.” In his talk, Mr. Leathern discussed how Reuters is using technology to bolster its rule of law practices and protect journalists and sources worldwide. He also discussed Reuters’ efforts to cooperate with law enforcement agencies and promote transparency within the news industry.
Rob Leathern Talks About December Paul Reuter’s Visit
1. In December 1851, the renowned news editor, Paul Reuter, visited London. At the time, Mr. Reuter was in charge of a news agency that sent and received messages between Europe and North America. On his visit, he met with some of the most influential people in London – including Rob Leathern.
2. Leathern was a printer and publisher who helped to create one of the earliest newspapers in London, the Morning Chronicle. He was also an outspoken advocate for free speech and progressive reform. Mr. Reuter met with Leathern to discuss how advances in telegraphy were changing the way news was delivered around the world.
3. Over lunch at Leathern’s home, they also discussed politics and business. After their meeting, Mr. Reuter wrote about his experience in a letter to his wife back home in Germany:
4. “I had an interesting interview today with Rob Leathern of Chancery Lane… We talked chiefly about Telegraphy – which is rapidly rendering all other methods obsolete here – and its bearings on Politics & Business… I found him highly intelligent and enterprising.”
5. As technology continued to change the way news was delivered around the world, Rob Leathern would play a pivotal role in shaping our understanding of global events. His conversation with Paul Reuter – one of history’s greatest journalists – remains an important legacy for all who care about democracy and open communication.
Rob Leathern Talks About the State of the Crypto Industry
It was clear to me that Rob Leathern is passionate about his work in the cryptocurrency industry. We had a conversation about all things crypto and he shared some interesting insights.
1. Crypto market is still very young
The crypto market is still very young, with only a few years of history behind it. This makes it difficult to determine what are the true fundamentals of the industry. For example, there have been many scams and fraudulent activity in recent years, which has made investors cynical. However, Rob believes that it is still an extremely valuable asset class and will continue to grow in value over time.
2. Regulatory uncertainty remains a major concern for investors
Regulatory uncertainty continues to be a major concern for investors in the crypto space. Many countries are still trying to understand what this technology is and how it works. Accordingly, they are cautious about getting involved and may impose restrictive policies in the near future. This could have a negative impact on the sector as a whole.
Rob Leathern Talks About the State of Ethereum
1. On December 12, Reuters’ Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey visited Ethereum creator Rob Leathern at his office in San Francisco. The two reporters were interested in knowing how the state of Ethereum was going, and what the future holds for the blockchain-based platform.
2. Leathern readily addressed both questions, stating that Ethereum is currently experiencing a “trough” but that it is on track to achieve its long-term vision. Regarding the future of Ethereum, he said that he sees it as a foundational technology for decentralized applications (dapps). In terms of scalability, Leathern said that Ethereum is working on solutions to this issue and that he is confident that scalability will not be an issue in the long term.
3. Overall, Vigna and Casey found Leathern to be knowledgeable and open about his work on Ethereum. They noted that he has a clear vision for the platform, and they believe that it has the potential to revolutionize how we do business online.
Rob Leathern Talks About Decentralized Applications and EOS
Decentralized applications, or DApps, are a new way of building and executing contracts. They’re based on blockchain technology and allow for trustless transactions between two parties without a middleman. These applications are being built on top of EOS, a blockchain that’s designed to be scalable and fast. Rob Leathern, head of business development at Block.one, visited December Paul recently to discuss the potential of DApps and EOS.
Leathern highlighted some key advantages of DApps over traditional applications: they’re cheaper to build and deploy because there is no need for cumbersome back-end infrastructure; they’re more secure because there’s no central point of attack; and they can be updated or discontinued with minimal impact on users. He also noted that DApps could have a major impact on the way we interact with each other online. For example, he said they could be used to power peer-to-peer payments or ride-sharing services.
EOS is designed to be able to handle high loads, making it an attractive platform for building DApps. Leathern said that Block.one is working on a number of projects that will use EOS as their foundation platform, including dApp store InterBlockchain Exchange (IBX) and dApp hosting service LambdaCap。
Rob Leathern just wrapped up a three-day trip to New York City where he met with Decemberpaulreuters reporters and photographers. In the interview below, Rob discusses his thoughts on the current sneaker market, what he is working on next and how collaborations are changing the industry. Check it out below!